Construction Laborers - Advancement Opportunities - Employee Owned Company
Do you have 1-2 years construction labor experience and looking for new opportunities?
is seeking hard working and reliable construction laborers.
Laborers are responsible for a variety of construction tasks in areas of general carpentry, site utilities and preparation, and concrete foundations.
Duties include: Loading, unloading, and moving building materials, tools, and equipment; Demolition of walls, buildings and concrete; Cleaning tools, equipment, Digging and leveling dirt and other materials; Measuring and sawing lumber and other materials; Setting and removing concrete forms and spreading concrete with trowel, floats or screeds. Assisting in setting grades, installing catch basins, and underground piping.
Required knowledge, skills, and Abilities include:
- Ability to perform a wide variety of manual labor tasks for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to read and carry out specific written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to operate small engine tools, power saws, and similar construction tools.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to perform basic math; add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to drive vehicles, such as pickups, vans and utility trucks.
- Ability to work at various heights during construction or demolition.
- Prefer one to two years construction experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Valid unrestricted drivers license.
- Occasional overnight stays. Typically up to five days a week.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Requires travel with own transportation to and between projects
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must remain drug/alcohol free (position subject to various drug/alcohol testing).
Wolgast is one of Mid-Michigan's most comprehensive and progressive providers of construction services. As an employee owned company, we hold a lot of pride and are dedicated our overall success and the satisfaction of our customers.
Wolgast Corporation is Employee-Owned and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Opportunity for Advancement.
- Carpenter Apprenticeship opportunities.
- Competitive pay starting at $15/hr (or more if you possess considerable experience in the construction of buildings).
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, & Holidays
- For overnight travel, we provide: Lodging, Meal Allowance ($60/day), & Mileage reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Great camaraderie with your fellow employee-owners!
- Fun company events (Christmas Parties, Summer Picnics, etc.)!
- See more of Michigan’s wonderful towns and cities as 95% of our work is within the state
- 100% Employee Owned!