Job title: Concrete Finisher
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, with Benefits
Job Location: Based in Saginaw, Michigan – various work locations.
Description of Essential Functions:
Spread, level and smooth concrete to a specified depth using floats, straightedges, and power screeds. Finish concrete surfaces with hand and power trowels. Remove rough or defective areas using grinders, chisels, etc. and patches holes. Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers and other similar tools. Cut expansion joints using power concrete saws. Produce appropriate concrete finish. Build concrete steps, platforms, and other concrete structures. May mix cement, set concrete forms, and perform sub-grade work. Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment. Clean work area. May demolish and remove old concrete.
- 3 years of hands-on concrete finishing preferred. Experience on commerical projects highly desired.
- High school diploma or GED
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to carry, reach and handle objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 80 pounds.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other elevated objects.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and crawl.
- Must stay overnight from one to five nights a week or longer at times.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Must travel with personal vehicle to and between projects within Michigan and occasionally outside of Michigan.
- Must maintain excellent attendance.
- Must pass drug screening and remain drug/alcohol free (position subject to various drug/alcohol testing).
Employment Benefits Include:
Wolgast Corporation is Employee-Owned and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Flexible Benefit Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs, Group Life Insurance, Supplementary Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Vacation, Holiday Pay, 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- For overnight stays: $60 Per Diem, Mileage Allowance, & company paid lodging.